Posted On: 03/15/21 9:44 AM
– The hottest recruit in the state right now has to be MBA (TN) offensive lineman Grayson Morgan Grayson Morgan 6'5" | OL MBA | 2022 TN . Over the past two weeks, the Nashville native has attained more than 10 offers, including last week’s additions of Duke, Maryland, Tennessee, Virginia Tech and Vanderbilt. The 6’6 tackle who has the ability to play inside if need be, Morgan is a marked man right now as a guy who sports the measurables, physical traits and upside that Power Five coaching staffs are looking for in their offensive linemen.
Morgan is a prospect that will only continue to gain traction on the recruiting scene due to his size and potential, so I would not be surprised to see bigger programs get involved sooner rather than later. Team to watch for here is Vanderbilt as the local school has the academics, conference status and up and coming coaching staff that Morgan could be interested in. Having the head coach of Vanderbilt as an MBA alum too doesn’t hurt either.
Offer King of the Week
Gaining the five offers last week, Morgan is the offer king but with him being the lead story, here are three guys that had strong recruiting weeks too
(Formerly from Stratford HS) – (S) D’Arco Perkins – South Carolina, Arkansas St & Baylor
Brentwood (TE) Aaron Walton Aaron Walton 6'3" | TE Brentwood | 2022 State TN – Air Force, Charlotte & Yale
Baylor (LB) Trey McDonald Trey McDonald 6'4" | LB Baylor School | 2022 State TN – Dartmouth, Penn & William & Mary
– Perkins has become a national recruit and even possibly one of the top 20 safeties in the entire country. Look for this Native native to take several visits over the coming months. Walton is a two sport star (baseball) that is picking up serious steam in football recruiting and may have to make a decision on which sport he plays on the college level. Walton is currently committed to Samford for baseball. McDonald is an up and coming prospect that holds a P5 offer from Virginia. Look for several high quality, D1 programs to come offering McDonald very soon.
– Fast rising 2024 Oak Ridge (TN) athlete Brandon Heyward is a guy to know now as I fully expect him to be a national recruit sooner than later. Last week the East Tennessee native picked up offers from Pittsburg and Marshall and many others are soon to follow.
Heyward is a dynamic natural athlete that could excel at multiple positions but his upside and talents may fit best at receiver. That’s where the young Wildcats star could shine the most on the next level as the guy can run and simply make big plays.
– A player on the rise to watch out for going forward is Jackson North Side (TN) two way lineman Izaiah Reed. Last week, the West Tennessee native received big news when the Ole Miss Rebels extended an offer and officially broke down the door to where more high caliber programs will look to get involved. Reed was offered by Ole Miss as an offensive lineman and that’s where the 6’6 prospect translates the best on the next level. Austin Peay is Reed’s other current offer but with Ole Miss on board, expect more offers to come very soon.
– Knox. Catholic (TN) defensive back Javis Mynatt has finally broken out into the recruiting scene and will now be a marked man by many coaches around the country, especially Power Five programs. Last week the Knoxville native added new offers from Ball St. and Western Michigan to go along with previously added offers and he is far from done. Mynatt has great size and versatility for the secondary that college coaches will love the more they view his film. Watch for Mynatt’s continued break out over the coming weeks.
– The first official offer arrived this weekend for Ripley (TN) receiver Terrance Edler as the Arkansas St. Red Wolves extended the offer and became the first of many to do so. Edler is a fast and athletic wideout that sits under the radar but not anymore as the Red Wolves have sprung open the door for other collegiate coaches to take a deeper look into the Tigers star receiver. This will be one of the next in-state breakout stars on the recruiting scene over the coming months.
Enjoying the content from Prep Redzone Tennessee?Subscribe For More