Posted On: 04/5/21 9:51 AM
It was quite an active week of recruiting within the state of Tennessee with a few top level guys narrowing down their recruiting lists along with some under the radar talents coming to surface.
We recap and break it all down here!
One of the top overall in-state prospects took his name out of the recruiting game last week when Oakland (TN) running back Jordan James Jordan James 5'10" | RB Oakland | 2022 TN committed to the Georgia Bulldogs. Choosing the Dawgs over Alabama, Ohio St, Ole Miss and Tennessee, James is a well balanced back that will run through you or run around ya. He is a no nonsense style runner meaning you better get out of his way or he will run you over. James fits the style of running that Georgia plays on offense, so you can see why he chose to play his college ball in Athens.
James has the talents and maturity to see the field as a freshman next Fall. The Patriots star back is also poised for a big senior year where he is a prime candidate for Mr. Football. His team also has a great shot to repeat as a state champion after winning the 6A state title this past year.. James has a lot on his plate for this year, so you can understand why he committed this early and why Georgia was his choice.
Offer King of the Week
‘22 Jackson North-Side (OT/G) Izaiah Reed – Offers: Arkansas St, Army, Colorado, Louisville & Memphis
– This was a banner week for Reed as he has clearly put himself on the recruiting map and will see an influx of offers come his way over the coming weeks and months. Standing 6’6 265 lbs, Reed has untapped potential that coaches are seeing and think can be developed into a stud lineman on the next level. Reed has a great body/frame that can be added to along with long arms and a mobile lower body that translates well into the college game. Reed will certainly see a jump in his #PRZTN player ranking very soon!
– The top guy this week has to be rising junior, JP2 (TN) quarterback Kenny Minchey as he might be the top signal caller prospect in-state for the 2023 class. Holding offers already, Minchey received two big ones last week when Michigan St. and West Virginia came in with an official offer. These two programs join several other Power Five programs in their pursuit of Minchey and his stock will only continue to rise over the summer months, especially if he is able to hit up the college camp scene.
Small mention here but ‘23 Mt. Juliet (TN) LB Ethan Crisp Ethan Crisp 6'3" | LB Mt. Juliet | 2023 TN added his 1st official offer last week from Vanderbilt and this is a guy that will blow up very soon!
– Stud Nashville area receiver, Barion Brown Barion Brown 6'1" | ATH Pearl-Cohn | 2022 State TN has begun the process of finding his future home as last week he named the ten schools he would be focusing on the rest of his recruitment. Those schools are: Alabama, Arizona St., Florida St., Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Penn St, Oregon, TCU and Tennessee.
The word around the water cooler is that Alabama may be the team to beat but every school listed above has a shot at landing one of the more explosive, athletic prospects not just in-state but the entire country. Brown is a game breaking playmaker that will add big time explosion to anybody’s offense on the next level.
– Another Nashville native is ready to focus on a final group of schools but is still adding offers in the meantime. Former Stratford (S) and soon to be Prep School prospect D’Arco Perkins named his top 7 schools last week with an idea on focusing on those schools and coming up with a decision pretty soon.
His top seven consist of Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, South Carolina and Tennessee. His list is SEC heavy and that very well could be his destination but while he is looking hard at those seven, he is also adding more offers as this past weekend, the Indiana Hoosiers threw their hat in the mix and I have a feeling they won’t be the last program to decide on an offer for Perkins.
Look for Perkins to hit the road soon and take in some visits with his top seven before eventually coming up with a decision, most likely before the start of the 2021 football season.
– A pair of Middle Tennessee area defensive backs officially kick started their recruitments last week when they received their first official college offers.
Up first is Marshall Co. (TN) DB LaMarion Pierce LaMarion Pierce 5'11" | DB Marshall Co. | 2022 State TN as he has now put himself on the map as a marked man after running a 4.4 flat at the #NCEC Nashville Combine and obtaining offers from Eastern Ky, MTSU and Toledo. Pierce is a long and athletic defensive back that can play anywhere in the secondary but with running in the 4.4’s, the Tigers stud defender may now have a shot at staying outside at cover corner.
Ensworth (TN) defensive back Roland McGhee Roland McGhee 6'0" | DB Ensworth | 2022 State TN was another guy that put together a strong showing at the #NCEC Combine which has now propelled him into the recruiting game with an official offer coming last week from Toledo. The Tigers rising senior defensive back is full of upside as he has size, length, smarts, a strong work ethic and the guy can run. McGhee clocked a 4.47 forty at the #NCEC Nashville Combine which in turn led to his Toledo offer. Watch for more offers to come his way sooner than later.
Enjoying the content from Prep Redzone Tennessee?Subscribe For More